Hi guuyyyss (what I really mean is, hi mom!)!
Did you miss me?
Okay, while I’m sure no one is out there waiting for me, it feels good to get back to this space! I first started this blog when I was unemployed and eager to create something that I had put off for a long time! And then I got a job …
Obviously this is a GOOD thing, but it made for less time to blog, and this space sort of fell to the way side. I’ve decided though, that I need to make this a priority! I love writing, and documenting the things that happen in my life, and it’s time that I make time for this!
So here I am! That new job I mentioned is in the not-for-profit sector, and is vastly different than my last job (my first ever big girl job, if you recall!) but I like it a lot and I’m learning a ton! A lot has happened in the past year (and 3 months, good lord it’s been a long time hasn’t it?) that I wish I had taken the time to document, including a trip to Europe with my man friend, an entire summer packed with fun, a trip to NYC, some weddings, an engagement (not mine, but one of my best friends in the whole wide world!), lots of family trips and so much more! So here I am, vowing to document all of the excitement that is bound to happen from this day forward!
To kick it off, I thought that I would create a summer bucket list of sorts! I always go into the summer months with a list of things that I want to do, and I feel like officially typing and posting them might ensure that these things actually happen. Here we go:
- Try Stand Up Paddle-boarding
- Try surfing
- Do yoga outside
- Go canoeing or kayaking (or both!)
- Spend a weekend at a cottage
- Make a keg out of a watermelon
- Sit by a bonfire
- Eat s’mores (at said bonfire)
- BBQ anytime I get the chance
- Take a tour of Beau’s Brewery
- Go hiking as much as possible
- Attend at least one outdoor concert
- Buy fruits and veggies from the farmer’s market
- Go to a baseball game
- Read lots and lots of books, preferably in parks
- Go to a water park
- Take walks after dinner
- Go to a drive-in movie
- Eat more meals outside
- Sit and drink on way too many patios
- Go to the zoo
- Make my own popsicles
- Go as long as I can without blow-drying my hair
- Take a bike ride
- Sleep outside
- And finally, and this is a big one folks … consistently blog.
Do you think I can cross of everything on my list? Do you have a summer bucket list?